LONAVLA-KHANDALA CITIZENS’ FORUM
Working for a Better Lonavla-Khandala
A Watchdog for Civic Development and Environmental Rights for Citizens of Lonavla-Khandala
- Founded in 2003
- Founding members – Mr. K. K. Singhvi, Mrs. Mangala Shah, Mrs. Rashida Shroff, Mrs. Vaishali Gadgil, Mrs. Irene St. Anne, Mrs. Surekha Shah, Mr. Subodh Tiwari.
- Current membership:Approximately 225.
- AWARDED 80G exemption status On 30 June 2011, HAVING Registration no: PN/CIT-V/Tech/80G/63/31/12/16/2011-12/104.
- Preservation and enhancement of quality of life and amenities in the twin towns of Lonavla and Khandala.
- Creation of an enlightened public opinion regarding the total environment in the towns.
- Promotion of orderly and rational development.
- Study and promotion of understanding of local problems with purpose to action.
- Promotion and preservation of parks, playgrounds, open spaces.
- Working with groups having similar objectives.
- Study of government policies and offering critical support for their implementation.
- Providing an atmosphere for critical developmental discussion without being politically aligned.104.